1. Must be an US car.
2. One entry per person.
3. Preferably a car not yet on MOC pages, or at least not common; shouldn't be too difficult, considering the category. This isn't necessarily required, but will be a factor in judging
4. Any scale accepted. I know some people don't have enough pieces to make full 16 wides or larger, so I want to make it fair, however, for judging, detail will be a factor, so probably 4 wide is going to be too small to score well
5. Try to build something new, so try not to add something you already have posted.
I don't know, I haven't made a contest before, so if anyone has any changes or other rules, that would be helpful. Now, as far as judging criteria...
1. Detail: Try to be as detailed as possible with your build, I always like to see a well designed interior and a detailed engine. This is out of 5 points
2. Accuracy: The more it looks like the real car the better; all the curves and angles give every car a unique "personality," try to get that to show through the build. again, out of 5 points
3. Creativity: this includes the way you use pieces, what pieces you use, how you get things to work, the style of your car. build in whatever style you prefer. No "extra" points in this category for studless building, I enjoy classic studded cars just as much as studless. The important thing is to have a distinct style and to go with it. This is out of 10 points.
So as far as the weighting, that can be adjusted if necessary, I thought out of 20 points would be a good amount, enough to spread it out a bit. I'm fine with judging, and anyone else is welcome, if anyone else is interested, just let me know.
This contest will start May 1st, and will end July 1st.
The winner will receive LDD instructions through email for the NNL FR-12.