The Little Secret Space contest is a competition to name the best small space model that has a hidden feature. That hidden feature can be anything. Secret compartments, surprise functions, transforming ability all count. There is a 150 piece limit.
1. Entries: entries to this contest will be an original MOC designed and built by the person entering the contest. The entry will be a space themed model of no more than 150 pieces.
2. Content: Entries will not contain overt objectionable material or behaviors. Keep it PG or G. Try to keep blood and gore to a minimum.
3. Photo rules: Photos will show the model clearly. At least one photo will remain un-edited. At least one photo will show all the parts laid out for parts count. photo editing is OK as long as it doesn't change how the model looks.
4. Parts rules: If it came as one part in the box, it is one part. things like control sticks and minifig torso/arms/hands count as one part. A creation will not use any connections which place undue stress on the parts. No illegal connections.
5. Judging criteria:
a. complies with the rules /25
b. how well the secret works /25
c. how well the secret remains hidden /25
d. how well the secret fits in with the intended play of the model. /25
Bonuses: for each additional secret a, b, c, d will be judged again and given up to 10 bonus points.
Stuff that will detract from the score:
a. use of sharpie marker, any color. -1 for every part that has been sharpied.
b. model does not comply with contest rules. Uploading a model that fits the rules gets you 25 free points. What a deal! Don't screw it up by uploading something offensive.
Things that doesn't matter: color coordination. stickers/decals
Additional judging criteria: no judge may enter a model.
5. How to enter: Build a model that fits the rules, put the letters "LSSC" somewhere in the name(to help me search for it). Add that model to this group. Each person is limited to ONE entry. If you enter a model and change your mind about it, change the name of the model so that it doesn't have "LSSC" in the model name. Timelines are as follows: Begin posting entries on February 8, 2013. Deadline for entries is 0600 UTC/GMT on March 1, 2013. Judging will occur the weekend of March 1 unless there are a lot of entries, then it could take all week.
The prize is: The Blacktron OWLS ScopScout, in plastic. Disclaimer: If I can't find the exact parts on bricklink I'll substitute something equally cool.
Anyone else want to be a judge? You will need to supply a prize if you do. Permalink