Just what is a "LEGO Ambassador" anyway? Well, I am glad you asked =) From the LEGO website -
"The LEGO Ambassador Program is a LEGO community based volunteer program made up of adult LEGO hobbyists who share their LEGO product and building passion with the world-wide LEGO community and the public.
The mission of the LEGO Ambassadors is to work together with the LEGO Group in all areas which concern the worldwide LEGO community and to represent their part of the LEGO community towards the LEGO Group.
Each LEGO Ambassador Program cycle is one year. The current LEGO Ambassador Program cycle has 40 members from 22 different countries all over the world.
LEGO Ambassadors are selected by the LEGO Group based on nominations from LEGO User Groups. The main contact for the LEGO Ambassadors within the LEGO Group is the LEGO Community team.
All members of the LEGO Ambassador Program are expected to exemplify the program fundamentals of active participation, enthusiasm, and professionalism towards the public, other fans and the LEGO Group.
In addition, LEGO Ambassadors agree to be active contributors to the world-wide LEGO community by engaging in activities such as:
• Helping extend and improve the connections between the worldwide LEGO community and the
• Actively cooperate with both LEGO employees and LEGO User Groups
• Posting feedback, guidance, and other types of support to their favorite online and offline LEGO
• Helping the LEGO Group keeping up with activities going on across the LEGO community
• Help giving LEGO User Groups as well as individual LEGO Fans a voice towards the LEGO Group."
The program is still going, but the when surveys are done is determined by The LEGO Group, not anyone else. I'm sure Stacy will comment on this in a couple of days. She's out of town on business this week.
Cool, thanks. I'll check back next week. Permalink