We were asked by the LEGO Community team to share information on the new LEGO VIP Program.
To summarize the program, this is one way for LEGO to reward loyal customers.
* The program will only be available in-store.
* Program launch is October 18th - stop in at your local store and sign up between October 18th and November 8th to earn 50 bonus points (25 when you sign up in-store, 25 when you complete your registration online).
* Every dollar you spend = 1 VIP point, 100 points = $5 reward
* Earn points by signing up for LEGO Club membership, when you participate in LEGO events like the Master Builder Events
Points can be redeemed for discounts, gift cards, products and more!
* You’ll also receive special e-mails for VIP-Only events at the stores and special opportunities to get more from your rewards.
* If you currently have one of the stamp cards, bring it in to the store when you sign up for the VIP program and they will convert your stamps to the equal number of VIP points.
Feel free to post any comments or suggestions and I will forward them along to the program coordinator at TLG.
Please note that I removed the link to Eurobricks that shows the slides for the program. Jan sent us a note asking all of us to remove the slides from our respective forums, apparently there was some misinformation. I will post any updates as they are available.
I second Dave! Wal-Mart and Target have had pretty good discounted prices lately online and in-store. As much as I want to support the local LEGO® store, the extra savings I get from the other stores is huge, much more than the VIP program would provide. I do not have to drive 40 miles like Dave to the LEGO® store, but it's still a good 30 minutes to get there from my house. Permalink
Stacy: Please feel free to include my e-mail if you forward this. I doubt they’d respond, but at least that way I would know. Sorry for being a downer here, LEGO has been disappointing me lately and it came to a head when I read this.
Dave, I think you have some very valid points and I will forward your comments to Jan at LEGO. Any comments/replies I get I will be sure to share.
Good points Dave Sterling! I actually did not do more intensive math. I just usually compare prices of the day and currently the other retailers win. And for sure, I'm more a collector set buyer than a specific parts buyer. Ha, need to personally dissect all this info to fit my needs... Thanks! Permalink