Just announced by the LEGO Group, the second round of the LUGBULK Program.
From Jan Beyer:
"Dear LUG Members,
The LEGO LUGBULK Program was a big success last year so we have decided to continue the program – still as a pilot which can be terminated anytime - in 2010 but with some adjustments and even more defined rules based on our experience from last year.
We are happy to announce, that we in 2010 can offer the LEGO LUGBULK Program also in the USA."
The LUGBULK program allows LEGO User Groups to purchase bulk brick direct from LEGO, Billund.
TLG has outlined the rules quite specifically, in short: the LUG must have 10 members, participate in 2 public events per year, LUG must have been established for at least 1 year, LUG must have an official website.
If you believe that your LUG qualifies and would like to get additional information and/or apply for the program please let me know and I will send you the information and the paperwork.
Round 2 of the 2010 LUG BULK Program: DUE DATE MAY 16, 2010.
If your LUG is interested in participating the LUG BULK program, please contact me ASAP for the forms.
The LEGO LUGBULK Program is only accessible for registered LUGs. A LUG need to meet the following requirements to become a registered LUG:
* The LUG needs min. 10 members (please tell us the member figure of your LUG)
* The LUG need to feature at least 2 public displays a year (always the events from the previous year count so please send dates and links to pictures of your public events from 2009)
* The LUG needs to exist for at least 1 year (please tell us the founding date)
* The LUG need to have an official website (please send us the link)
* The LUG need to have at least a 1 page description of the LUG and the goals on the website (please send us the link to that page)
* The complete filled out LUGBULK Master Data Sheet.
Please note: If you have sent this information in time for the first round your LUG can automatically also participate in the second round and you do not need to send any new email with required information. You will receive a direct email from Jan at LEGO.
If you have any questions about the program, please let me know!