1. Come home from beach.
2. Build another starfighter.
3. Build another four-wide for ToTLUG display.
4. Build a Glomshire Knights interior set(?)
5. Pack up MOCs for travel.
6. Get cattle prod from garage (for Phipson).
7. Find a special mug for Heather's tea.
8. Light bulb(s) for Alex.
9. Make sure there's enough room in the car for my Lego swag and my second place prize from the SigFig Darwin Awards contest.
10. Make sure I've got plenty of clean underwear (optional). Permalink
1. Figure out if I actually want to take the time to box up my mocs or just drive very carefully.
2. Get some more "lighting" for my mocs. Turns out I'm not going to actually be there during the "lights out" time, but Kelso was gracious enough to say that he'd take care of the lighting for me.
3. Finish another moc for Dave and Stacy's lay out. Almost done with it but it still needs a few finishing touches.
4. Get that restraining order finalized.
5. Find a store that has "Twister" on sale.
6. Get a jump on that whole "sleep" thing being as between work and the con, I ain't gettin any during the weekend.
7. Get new kneepads for all the groveling I plan on doing (Sean Kenney's gonna be there ya know. Not to mention all the LEGO brass).
8. Kick myself again for not having the hot tub fixed and not being able to get that pool table out of my father in law's basement (we came to the conclusion that the house was built AROUND the pool table).
9. Get my hazmat suit back from the cleaners. Can't take any chances with Dennis Price being there.
10. Thank the almighty every day that there is a place for us geeks to come together and share in the hobby we all love!
Can't wait to see you all there! 9 DAYS TO GO!
~ Chris. Permalink
And no spilling the beans Phipson...since I told you last night!!!
Hey, if I can keep that whole thing with the poodle, crisco, 6 ft garden hose and 8 rolls of duct tape a secret, I think I can keep this one too... Opps, spilled that one didn't I? But this one I'll keep quite. Permalink
Quoting Dave and John Xandegar
You're never in Chicago with nothing to do (he'll find out)!! We're getting very excited...and we're ready! All done. We had an interview with a Reporter and a Photographer Sunday afternoon (from the Lake County Journal), and after dinner, we packed the freshly interviewed MOCs...took off our "briXwerX" shirts, and went to bed- I'll see you Thursday night, and Johnny will be there Saturday.
Looking forward to seeing you guys again!
I'm packing up the van today, and hitting the road in the morning. Ruth (my wife for those of you not in the know) is coming up for a day, and we're gonna hit the town before all of us geeks get our ABS freak on.
D&J -- snag a copy of that story when it runs for me (I'm a journalism teacher, so I like seeing how reporters approach stories).
Mark -- Go have fun and get the geek batteries fully charged. I wish I would have gone ahead and added a day or two before as well, but I'm sort of glad I didn't now. (Car troubles, bah) Permalink
It's almost noon here and I've already geeked all over myself twice! Text with Dennis (word to the wise, NEVER accept texts from that man... *shiver*) and talked to kelso. (Mark, she said Mike Wazkowski after we hung up) Lily and I need to go out for a bit and maybe grab some lunch. I'm thinking about dropping by the hotel to see if anyone's there and just how fast they run the opposite way when they see me. Drive safely everyone! See you all in less that 48 hours! Opps, just geeked on myself again. Permalink
I had to come into work tonight for a couple hours and drove by the Westin... seriously thought about stopping by to see who was there. I'll just wait till Thursday Morning when everyone is in full geek mode. Permalink
Chicago is great. I love it. Even though it was pouring rain yesterday, I went downtown. WOW. Bought myself some things to wear, and gazed upon skyscrapers. Now I only have to figure how to get to Wheeling. I'm in days inn Chicago in Diversey. And yes, I know it's 6 AM. Friend from Zagreb woke me, asking if I want to grab a coffee.... he forgot where I was.
Anyway, I'll be at the hotel in few hours! So, see you all there.
At this time tomorrow (approx. 9 a.m.) I should be somewhere on the southern outskirts of Chicago. Probably near that crown jewel of Indiana known as "Gary." Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting serious about having fun! Safe journey to all! Permalink