A 64x32 mosaic done using transparent aqua plates. 8 levels of "gray" created by stacking the plates in columns.
About this creation
Finally - it's finished!
I started this piece way back in March or so and I've finally finished it. It's a mosaic of my daughter Parker done in 1x1 round aqua plates and is 96 x 64 studs in size [6000+ dots]. I haven't counted how many plates are on this one but man, my hands are sore! :-)
Like the other aqua mosaics I attempted to extract shades of "gray" by stacking the transparent plates one on top of the other. In this piece, I limited the stacks to 7 plates high. For "black", I used a dark blue transparent plate but to soften the impact I used a single transparent aqua plate on top of the dark blue. I had used a black plate before but it was too dark compared to the other shades and stood out too much.
I've admired your mosaics for a while & take inspiration from your efforts at pushing the boundaries of what can be done with Legos. Your I particularly like your results from stacking colors and transparent plates. I'd be very interested in talking with you about your experiences.
I created a custom color set for pictobrick for my last mosaic- though mostly to eliminate colors that were 'available' but not really in any quantity. I'm looking forward to tinkering with the cfg you had posted on your blog.