Most of you reading this have probably seen the animations on my home page. This tutorial will give you the specs on these simple but effective graphics.
About this creation
So, these animations are really very, very simple. Just follow along.
Note: Due to the fact that your web browser will simply display the animation if I type in the code, I have to write using the entity codes for certain symbols. Therefore, you should probably type in the code by hand, instead of copy-pasting.
What you need:
>A computer with Internet access
1) Go to the LEGO Shop @ Home website, and find a set with the 360 degree view preview feature. I'll be using the Venator.
2) The 360 spin doesn't let you use the copy picture function, so use Print Screen on your keyboard instead. (sometimes "Prt Scrn") Make sure you have rotated the virtual model so that the virtual minifigs cannot be seen, and the model's front is pointing directly right or left. You should be looking at a side profile shot.
3) Paste the pic into a photo editor, crop, and adjust the background color. Like so. When cropping, make sure you note the width and height.
4) On your MOCpages homepage, click "Add a LEGO Creation, and upload the photo.
5) Go back to your homepage, and hit "Photos". (under the "organize" tab on the command bar.
6) Click on the uploaded image. This takes you to the source page of the online image. It should look like this. Copy the url.
7) No comes the animation part. Go to wherever you want the animation.
<marquee scrollamount=however fast you want it to go direction=left or right>
<img src="paste the url here" width="photo width" height="photo height">