Changes include the back side, engines, nose, guns, and landing gear. Please tell me how to make it more prototypical. No, I am not changing it to white.
I really didn't do as much to this as I did to the Y. I raised the nose by one plate. I heightened the rear behind the droid and added a greeble to the back. I chnged the laser cannons from the stock ones, but I do think mine could be a little longer. I lengthened the engines and took off the orang piece on the back. I also changed the intake on the front of them by adding tiles to create the distinctive T pattern as seen on the real one. I put Biggs in because I like his moustache. I also changed the landing gear. The kit landing gear with its big grey piece was ugly.
Nice work! I love how you made it realistic by making it GRAY. A couple things though. One is if you look at a real X-wing engine, altough hard to accomplish with legos, the "rear" smallish part is actually on the TOP/back side of the large part. it goes like (____---
A nice job overall. But since you asked, my nitpics with it are that the nose seems too bulky, maybe try to use "studs down" for the bottom wings to try and close the gap when closed, and gray is fine but try not to mix the old gray and bluish gray unless no alternative. But don't get me wrong, I still think you did a fantastic job. My beef with the official sets as a whole is that it is too small. I will attempt a larger "true minifig scale" one in the future doing some of the same mods to the 6212 set.