Im sure most of you will be glad to know that this is my final attempt at an Airbus A340-600 as I am sure you are sick of looking at all four versions by now!
With exception to the horizontal stabilizers and the landing gear, the model has been completely rebuilt.
- The fuselage was reduced in height by one flat piece resulting in a longer looking fuselage but with the same original length.
- The wings have been comepletely remodelled however it may not be noticable at first glance comapred to the older model attempts.
- I must admit now that I have cheated a little bit in this model...I have made my own lego pieces by cutting several wedge pieces in half to get the desired curved shape at the top of the nose and tail sections. Has anyone else ever done this? Please let me know!
- The engines have been rebuilt using slope pieces instead of the old curved pieces. Using the sloped pieces created a more 'curvier' engine.
- I did promise to put Iberia stickers on this model, but I never got around to it, so I compromised by attempting to put the Iberia logo on the tail. All the photographers are mainly of the left side of the model, as the tail logo on the right side is back to front!!!
- Again like previous models, the nose and tail sections have been made curvier!
- The tail itself has been reduced in size as in the previous models, it was oversized!
Things that could be improved.........include.......
- Iberia wingtips are white, not red!!!
- The wings could have a larger slant (angle), however this is the closest I could get the wings to the correct slant....I had to choose between the 6 x 12 wing plates and the 45 degree angle wedges.
- The wings could have had working parts, such as flaps and speed brakes but I honestly didn't think I could incorporate them into the wing without completely altering the wing shape (which I have spent months in getting as close as possible to the real thing!
I have been asked what is inside the model....well nothing most to be honest. Its mostly just bricks to help strength, otherwise it would break rather easily. This model is not to scale of lego figures as lego figures are completely out of proportions. IN this scale, the size of the person could be roughly the size of the cannon balls (1x1 brick with curved sides with a 1x1 curved plate as a head).
I hope you have enjoyed these a340 models as much as I enjoyed making them!