A few weeks ago I added a Lego creation called 'Googie-style monorail'. This is an extension of that design which incorporates a Googie-inspired island headquarters.
It contains three levels; a large circular observation area on top of the island, a monorail station and living pod on the second level and a mine on the lowest level. It is inspired by similar structures seen in James Bond and The Incredibles. In total the structure contains:
- Dome monorail
- Monorail station
- Monorail track and traffic lights (which actually work)
- Lagoon and waterfall
- Dinghy and shark attack
- Living pod that juts out from the mountain containing a bed
- Snake in the grass by the waterfall
- SNOT corridors linking the monorail station with staircase
- SNOT staircases linking floors and pod
- Monitoring station for monorail
- Circular observation level
- Mine cart and track on lowest level
Reviews/observations/comments are most welcome. Cheers.
There are many more pictures on www.flickr.com/rh1985/sets.
This is cool! Nice work on the shark and the blood! The way you have the white technological bits emerging from the rock is interesting. And the waterfall looks refreshing! I might suggest, as was suggested to me, reloading the pictures and clicking on the large photo option, makes it easier to see the pictures. Well done!