This project is the second installment of my RGS MOC series. I have seen various ARC Gunship MOCs but I have yet to see the perfect brickbuilt version based on overall accuracy to the real ARC Gunship. There are pretty good ones out there but they have various accuracy issues like wrong colors used (dark blue/dark red combo), overly-done details (real rancor teeth design, additional unnecessary weapons), and even lack of necessary details. This is my modest attempt to hopefully provide the most realistic brick version of the famous ARC Gunship. Based mostly on my previous mods to the official TLG RGS, I have added several other modifications to approximate the overall look of the real ARC Gunship.
(1) First and foremost, the obvious change in color scheme – sporting majorly blue-colored body and red front nose, replacing the dark red-lime green combo of the regular RGS).
(2) Custom ‘Rancor noseart’ characteristic of the ARC Gunship
(3) Open middle compartment, with the distinct ‘arched opening’ also seen in earlier versions of the LAAT/i
(4) Blue Rancor/Tiger body stripes
(5) White stripes in the blue wings
(6) Slight modification on the design and color of the rocket missile launcher
(7) Added spot lights near the top of the wings
(8) Front hatch opens showing a medical bay inside (pictured are injured Jedis Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti as seen in the Clone Wars cartoon series)
(9) Single sliding door of the troop bay (compared to two in the regular RGS)
(10) Special ‘guest’ pilot Hawk (substitute for the ARC pilot)
(11) Unmanned automatic wing turret
What’s the use of the ARC Gunship without the famed ARC troopers right?
Here comes Captain Fordo and the rest of the elite ARC Troopers...