Like Chris Roach always says: Plagiarism is NOT cool. Give credit if you use this design! Anyway, I had a bunch of Technic stuff lying around, and I picked up two of those grey things and a black connector, and this was the result. When thrown right it flies pretty well, going about 1-50 feet. No, I didn't check, but that's my estimate.
About this creation
Oh, and for all of you: The background was my Mom's Thinkpad.
Another thing: Captions under pictures.
Pieces required: 8 1x2 Technic pins and 8 of those Bohrok neck-piece things.
Here are the Bohrok neck-piece things...
...and here are the pins.
1. Now, let's get started. Attach each of the pins to a neck-thing, so that it looks something like the above picture.
2. Now pair them off like this.
3. Pair THOSE off again.
4. Now connect the two string thingies so that you have one long Technic "snake".
5. Attach the ends, like so.
6. Form the shape into a rough square.
7. Pinch in one corner.
8. Repeat step 7 with the other corners.
The end result. Nice, eh? When thrown, the ninja star will usually lose it's form, but you should be able to reshape it pretty easily.
This is how I hold the star. I'm not left-handed; I just used my left hand because I found it nearly impossible holding the thing with my right hand and trying to take the picture with my left.
Tip: Don't throw this indoors. Chances are you'll have an angry mom chasing you.