this is the 3rd incarnation of the proto frame. major differences are fairly obvious when comparing pics but I'll spell them out for anyone who is interested.
1. colour scheme - thanks to the new universe theme in ldd 4 I can now change the pallet on pieces, so the new version includes more grey, moss/earth green and metallic shades.
2. the shoulders have been redesigned. they now sit much further from the main body allowing for greater posing (and more greebles on the back) and for greater articulation on the head. The shoulders have also been decorated using "jets" however I'm not keen on these and may remove them from future updates.
3. back. I've tried to introduce the impression of engines with more greebles on the reverse of the figure.
4. waist. the waist is slightly longer than before allowing more clearance for the hips and a slightly more human proportioned body shape. still no bend may introduce that in a later design.
5. arms/armoury. yes I've added integrated weapons on the forearms, these are cannons that can swivel out or behind the forearm. Sadly the hinge pieces used are glitching in the new version of ldd, so I may substitute a different joint in future version.
plans for the next model:
Well actually Advance 2 is finished but I haven't uploaded any pics yet. It features new weapons, longer arms and legs, a radically changed shoulder and arm decoration. I was planning to change the leg design but I'm leaving that for advance 3.
I'm also planning for advance 3 and 4 to introduce detachable components, including an ultra mode which will be arm, leg and shoulder enhancements that can be detached. To achieve this the shoulder and leg design will need to be simplified back to something even less detailed than version 1, however the combined form will have even more detail than even this incarnation.
Ultimately I want this to be the clothes horse on which I can add mission specific enhancements. But I need to do so in such a way that the shell underneath still looks decent and doesn't sacrifice articulation in the process. could be a challenge.
what is becoming obvious is that with each update the overall figure is getting much taller. I imagine version 2 is approximately 9 bricks tall from head to toe, and version 4 will stand between 12 and 15 tall with all the amendments. What this means is my previous 6 brick tall micro mechs are no longer in scale.