I wanted to make a dragster that would behave like real equivalent. I got this instead :)
About this creation
When I started tests with chassis only, there was only one XL engine in the model for driving. There was 5:1 gear ratio increased from engine's output (40 teeth gear on the engine axle to 8 teeth gear on the wheel axle). It was driving pretty nice.
But when I added mock V8 engine and built in the rest of the body, the model was so heavy that it hardly moved. So I've added another XL engine...
I was hoping it will accelerate better with two engines... I was sooo disappointed :(
So I just took few shots and put the model apart :). It was my biggest failure so far...
The bodywork looks good, but the engine looks great!! Add this to the 'V8' group here on MOCpages... Anyway, nice ride but sadly Lego motors never have the power to shift a decent (read 'heavy') model when geared up. That's why I always ended up building trucks and jeeps, where slow is good : ) 4/5