The Constrution of the UCS Imperial Star Destroyer.
About this creation
When I first opened the box up, I was amazed at the size of the instruction book, let alone the four seperate boxes that also came along with it.
I spent the first hour of Christmas morning seperating and sorting the pieces out into different groups. This may seem like a waste of time but it Really helps out the building process later on. So I would Really recommend doing this if you build this set, or any other big set. (Like the Death Star II)
The rest of the day I had to go visit my other family members, so I had to wait till the next day to start building. Which of course I started bright and early in the morning (Well first I played Lego Star Wars 2 for abit) So it starts off with two identical triangle shaped Frames. The second one starts getting repetitive (obviously). After both are build they attach on to each other to make one super strong Frame. The most repetitive part on this whole model is the side details that you add on the sides of the Frames. you have to make the same little 1x6 plate of detail about 32 times. It can get very repetitive after a bit.
After the frame is done, then you add on the Support legs. If you notice in one of my pictures I have added on a thrid Leg for extra support.
Next you start working on the back Engines, which are one of the coolest parts of the ship I think. (I'm not sure why ether)The engines go in very well and easly, so no problem here.
Next there is the 4 different outer plates. (2 for the bottom, and 2 for the top) These don't have any real challenge to them, excpe the size of them around the end. (since they are suppost to stretch the whole length of the Star Destroyer.) I barly had any room left on my desk, but some how I was able to finish them and attach them on. Which oddly the attach to the from Very easly. The majority of it is held on with magnets and then around the sides it is clipped onto the frame.
Now that all the frames were done, it was time to move onto the tower section underneth the bridge. This part is abit more challenging because it uses more technic parts in it. Suprising this whole section when it is done does not actually get attached to the Hull of the ship, it's just placed ontop. So this ship can not be turned upside down (but why would you want to do that in the first place?)
Next is the Commande Bridge part, and the back tower that conects to the bridge. This part is probably one of my favourite sections (aswell as the engines and the Ion Canon on the side of the ship)Ireally like the detial on this part, expesally the Shield Generators on top.
Now the Star Destroyer was done, but I still had abit more building left. First the Mini Rebel Blockade Runner (which I actually built after I was done the frames)Its a fairly simple design, and pretty accurate and detailed for a mini model. The only main problem is that the engines can fall off easly.
After I finished that the Star Destroyer was finelly completed. I was amazed at the size of it. It seemed to get bigger everytime I looked at it. Also of course I was amazed on the detail as well. Again I really love the little Ion canons on both sides of the ship. Same with the commande bridge and the Engines. The Bottom Docking Bay was kinda lacking. It would have been cooler with some more details inside it. But instead I have that 3rd leg coming out from it so I guess it's fine.
Hey you should modify it so you can put lots of minifigs and small spacecraft in it, if you plan on doing this please reply, or you can write it in a review on one of my creations.
Check out my Dictator-Class Star Destroyer, it has a crew of 64 minifigs, feel free to chck it out and use ideas. YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED. Thanks.