One of my main building goals is to have at least one sizable creation from each of the six Star Wars movies (sizable = bigger then my cat). With the Winter '06/'07 competition at FBTB.net, I finally got inspired for a creation from Episode III.
This ARC-170 measures 100 studs across and took about a month and a half to build. This creation is unusual in that I'm very satisfied with it - the first version may just be the final version.
The nose took a lot of work. I finally settled on a stepped-plate look to it, instead of rounded pieces. A friend's version made the rounded-piece construct work really well, but my internal structure wouldn't permit it. :(
I have a few comparison pics of my model with pics of the actual 3D model. As you can see in this pic, the main wings actually tilt down just a bit. There are more pics in my Brickshelf gallery - you can see where I went for accuracy and where I fudged a bit. :)
truly a work of art! the engines intakes are so beautyful!great great quality work here!
just one tiny regret is the repulic sign on the wings...a sticker would have been better but that s a tiny detail! Congratulations!
Exellent work! It seems to be a well planned, well built, and well executed design. I cannot really see any problems worth mentioning (the only ones I could even notice would be the slight nose bluntness and the engines shape around the grebbles). In short, exellent work; keep it up!