I still wasn't 100% satisfied with the design of my 4-wide VW T1 Camper. So I tried out some new ideas.
About this creation
Top row, from left to right: V1.1, V1.2, V1.3, V1.4.
I added some tiles in the SNOT part on the right side to indicate the "butterfly doors".
After checking Klingus 123's T1 I felt challenged to improve the V shape in the front. In this version I played around with some cheese wedges.
Then I tried to use some arcs for the front. To fill the gap I used a bearing plate.
Next I changed the window color from clear transparent to black and tried a simple windshield.
Bottom row, from left to right: V1.5, V1.6, V2.0, V2.1
Based on V1.3, but with black windows and a bigger windscreen (with studs to fill the gap). I also changed the rear window to a SNOT design with smooth edges (see V2.1 on the right)
Back to the roots: V1.1 with black windows.
Complete rebuild. I wanted both the red and white part to be 2 2/3 stud high to fit to a 2 stud SNOT design on the front and the rear part of the model. I put a 2x4 slope as a windshield. I like the shape of it, but the V shape doesn't look right with it.
I looked at some photos of the original and realized that the white part of my model was too high. So I had to get rid of the SNOT design on the sides to get it right. But I didn't want to get 1 stud wide pillars between the side windows. So I took the rollbars, Klingus 123 had used for the windscreen and used them for the side windows. And as they fitted so well, I used them for the windscreen, too.