A small reminder to be cautious with fireworks this time of year.
A group of kids were playing with fireworks, a rocket misfired and landed on the roof of a nearby house.
The rocket exploded and the roofing caught fire.
The owner called the police and the Fire Department for a small fire.
Squad 31 was dispatched to the scene.
But on scene they found out that it was a roof fire, and called in some backup.
The crew of Squad 31 started to secure a hydrant and started to set up the ground ladder to get on the roof, while another crewmember pulled the attackline and started to spray on the visible smoke and embers.
The Captain of Squad 31 used the Thermal Camera, and the fire had spread underneath the roofing of the garage.
When Tanker 3 and Battalion 3 came on scene, they helped out with tearing down the garage roof to prevent spreading to the residence.
After 1,5 hour, the fire was out, but the firecrews had to break down the whole garage roof, but the living area was spared, with exception for some little smoke and water damage.
Let this serve as a warning to all, please be careful with fireworks, but most of all Happy NewYear and all the best wishes to everyone for 2012 form myself and the StuddsVille Fire Department.