StuddsVille Fire Department proudly accepted the delivery of their newest rig in the fleet.
A 2012 Freightliner M2 112, with crewcab and a Crimson Star Tanker body.
A few unique features are the Crimson boomer, that can be used in defferent ways, as a lighttower, crane,1000 gpm. aerial master stream, and has air/ hydraulic connections, and a handline discharge.
Really unique is the the tip mounted FLIR camera, so scenes can be monitored from the air.
Full features are:
- Pump and roll
- Crimson Boomer. (http://www.crimson-fire.com/boomer.aspx)
- 2000 GPM pump.
- 3500 gallon tank. 2000 water/750 class A foam/ 750 class B foam
- portable tank space in the rear of the rig.
- back and side waterchutes.
- hydraulic ladder rack.
And the tasks faced by the new pumper are:
- First out rig to all vehicle fires on the I-13 highway.
- First out with Squad 17 on all MVA's and entrapments.
- Part of the water transport task force
- Part of the foam task force.
- Assist HAZMAT
- Can respond on all fires.
- shutteling water to fire scenes.
- Can be called on by the SVPD or the SPU as a light tower and aerial camera.
The former Tanker 1, the 1988 Mack CF is being refurbished and will be used as a spare rig, and will only respond on big fires, and still is part of the water transport and foam taskforce.