I wasn't happy with the original incarnation of this model - thought it was pug ugly mainly due to the yellow colour (due to insufficient spares in other colours - not even enough for a black or grey chassis!) so I have made some subtle modifications which I think improve the styling along with a couple of technical improvements.
About this creation
The front interior has been embellished. Newly-added windscreen wipers are also visible.
The engine now has a bonnet to cover it, and here is the view of the revamped engine compartment under the bonnet. The front shock absorbers are visible behind the engine. The fan does not operate !
Rear suspension has been altered. Originally there were two shocks per rear wheel as I thought they were required to provide the necessary spring power. However I then realised that some of the shocks used were very sticky which was why extra springs were needed. The faulty shocks have been eliminated, and the remaining pair moved to the extreme ends of the trailing arms to provide maximum spring leverage. Not only does the rear suspension work better, it also looks better with just one spring per wheel.
Hand brake system now utilises a Lego Town-sized tyre on the end of each stub axle. The brake arms make contact with these tyres when the cable is pulled, and provide enough friction to create appreciable drag on the rear wheels whilst I'm not quite sure the flex cables are strong enough for me to risk trying to lock the wheels !
View from underneath.
View from the rear, showing newly-added indicators and reversing lights (sadly these are just ordinary plates rather than translucent ones). I have added little yellow plates to represent indicators to the front as well.
Thought I'd add this shot to show off the suspension travel !