This MOC serves two purposes as I don't want it to be out of place once I'm done with the contest.
Note the mudguard technique.
A crane adapted from a junk MOC of mine.
Lift it up, slide in/out the cargo.
The crew. In Postbrick City, left to right:
* Lower Caste Worker
* Upper Caste Communications Officer, Second in Command
* Upper Caste Team Leader
* Lower Caste Worker
* Upper Caste Soldier holding a Melting Hammer, a tool only reserved for upper caste (Yellow) minifigs, which serves as both a weapon (particularly useful against armored figures and vehicles) and a construction tool (devastating force combined with rapid melting of most rock and some metals).
Postbrick City Story: The Construction Crew Heavy Transport, abbreviated CCHT, is a heavy vehicle used to transport large groups of people, raw materials, tools, and boxes. It is able to haul portable cranes, backhoes, attachments for carrying more cargo, and similar things. Its sturdy frame can resist a large boulder, making it a valuable asset to a team working underground or at the base of a mountain.
The Salvage Crew is a vehicle quickly assembled by the MARDET for the purpose of scavenging the world it is stranded upon. It is sent out regularly to gather materials for the purpose of rebuilding the ship and feeding its crew members in order that they may escape the desolate world. It is equipped with no weaponry as there was none to spare, but to make up for it every team consists of at least two warriors.
Requirements for Contest:
* Must have a crane (see the back)
* 5 man crew (see images)
* Salvage Vehicle (duh)
* Has to hold all 5 (technically, it does, although it's annoying to pull the roof off and sit them down and then replace the roof)
* Cargo area for carrying stuff - crew need not be inside, they can hold on to the outsides, etc. There's also the space in the crane portion.
* Spare Tire - inside cargo area.
Design Notes: I always liked construction stuff, and this was originally for my Postbrick City (which would really be a bunch of vehicles, as I don't have many windows or enough parts to make a decent city) Construction Crew. I decided I liked it as a transport for the TFC Contest and modified it significantly to fit the role. I went back and forth on whether or not I should post it, but eventually I decided to for the contest.