This is my entry for a group that I'm in, called ABS FOREVER.
I've been wanting to do a museum-ish library-ish study-ish type build for a long time, and this was my perfect opportunity!
About this creation
The challenge for me in this build was the architecture. I wanted to give it an Ivy-League-type atmosphere, so I googled, "Cambridge Windows" for inspiration, built my beautiful window, and the rest fell into place. It's my first MOC that I've done for a contest, and, if I may say so myself, I think it turned out delightful!
Feel free to comment and rate, and please enjoy!
"FOR THE KING"
P.S. Note on the cover pic: The history professor working diligently to grade papers. Some poor student has been doing badly on an important test. (customized white tile by Yours Truly)
4. The history professor has his own private collection of artifacts.
7. Couple of naughty Gansta kids getting chased by an angry professor. I wonder what they spray-painted this time...
8. There always seems to be that awkward nook on the outside of old buildings...
10. This is one of my favorite touches, the old-fashioned gargoyle with drain pipe. (this room is on an upper floor)
11.The Indiana Jones Attic was my sister's idea. I guess this must have been Indy's office long ago...?
12. I had to put an owl in there somewhere! :D
13.The friendly workstudy, working hard. (And by "working hard", I mean looking up LOLcats on the internet.)
15.Bookshelf with various historical doodads and a picture the prof's lovely wife.
16.Wall of maps (this part was tricky)
17.My inspirational starting point: the window
22. I'm SO glad my little brother let me have his Hogwarts roofs. They were perfect!
23. The figs: professor, work-study, gangsta #1, gangsta #2, angry professor
In all, it probably took about 8 hours (more or less) to build, and about 3 hours and 10 prayers to upload. (Yeah, my computer/ipad kept screwing up something fierce.) Time when submitted? 11:55 PM : 5 minutes before the deadline. *whew!!*