A large castle layout featuring a fortified castle, village and farmland inbetween.
About this creation
It's fall now in Ikros. The leaves are turning and the fields are being reaped. Queen Alyia has just overseen final construction of the new castle at Lake Halcyon. During her father Ulmerad's rule over Ikros, the original Halcyon Castle was destroyed in a great battle between the Ikrosian forces and those of the Necromancer Ethelred. The nearby village of Halcyon Lake and the surrounded farmland have remained unguarded ever since. But now, through her public works projects, Halcyon Castle has been rebuilt, bigger and better than ever.
The castle sits in Lake Halcyon on a large man made rock hill, built over the original Halcyon Castle foundation. The Castle once again serves its purpose as the Royal Family's summer home, and though it does not share all the comforts of Illana Castle in Ikros' Capital, it is still a grand fortress with all the necessities.
Halycon Castle features:
1. Gatehouse: with Portcullis and four archer loops in the causeway and those little holes that you pour oil through above it.
2. A total of 22 archer loops throughout the castle itself.
3. A Royal bedchamber with fireplace and privey.
4. A guest room with fireplace.
5. A great hall with large fireplace.
6. Jail cell on third floor in the tower in the keep.
7. An Oubliette opening on the second floor of the keep (It's a shaft with a trap door you throw people down and forget about them, the word is modified french for 'to forget')
8. A wine cellar with trellice and barrel stack, the cellar is two bricks lower than the other parts of the first floor.
9. A rear entrance to the keep from the outside, guarded by another port cullis, leading to a boat dock.
10. a Forestair
11. Every location on the castle is accessible by stairs or ladder.
12. The castle is fully modular. The curtain walls are only attached to the towers by the flared tower bases and the baseplates they sit on. The towers and keep have been built upon baseplates, which all sit upon a tile/brick support structure inside the hill. The hill comes apart in it's 4 48x48 large grey baseplate components, none of which are permanently connected together.
Halcyon Castle's Courtyard features:
2. Barracks with
5. Rose Arbor
Halcyon Village features:
1. Gustav's Post Mill
5. Milkmaid and Jersey Cow (with barn accessory)
6. Beekeeper and Beehives
7. Wheat harvest with scythes
10. Modular terrain
Be sure to visit the Brickshelf folder for more detailed pictures!
.....:o Wow!!!!That is insane. I am going to ask if I can borrow that idea for the fall colored trees. How did you do the windmill blades to contour like that. I did a windmill recently and it would have been great if I had known. ~Blake~
I like it
May 18, 2009
Wow that is realy good this was one of the first castle I saw I think that you should make a castle that has more things like an amoury and a great hall storage rooms so basicaly all the things a real castle would have.
I've always been one of your big fans. This castle has maintained my opinion, that you are one of, if not the best castle MOCer there is. I would like to see what the Danish guy and his alleged seven year old LEGO wizards could create- nothing close to this, for sure.
This is the best castle i have ever seen from anyone ever forever ever. i like the little 'buttress' type things on the outside. thats cool. love the trees. hate the guy from Denmark. overall, and as i have already said, THIS IS THE GREATEST CASTLE!!!