As many of you will be aware the Uploader is not behaving again today, so no thumbnail. The images below are imported from my Flickr account.
This is the Z130128A, a prototype personal mecha unit intended as a possible replacement for the older X Series units.
- The original X series units leave the pilots head exposed
- The arms are now integrated weapons
- The main body can be lowered to (nearly) ground level to facilitate easier access
- Ball jointed shoulders gives greater range of movement in arms
- "chicken" style legs give greater stability and speed
- Auxiliary camera/head
- Overall shape of the Z prototype is less "humanoid" in proportions, chest/cockpit size may be adjusted to provide better side on silhouette.
- Fixed weapons load-out means less versatility, Z series modifications may include X series style arms
- Forward centre of gravity gives odd hunched posture, legs may be moved to a more central position on the chassis to accommodate an upright walking stance.
- Low forward visibility requiring external camera, transparent cockpit may be installed in future models.