This micro scale, stylised aircraft carrier holds a secret, which I will shortly reveal once I upload the next batch of images....
...but can you guess what it is? The title should give it away really.
Continuing my Prototype series of Combinator designs. This time rather than individual vehicles the five team members combine into two modes, an aircraft carrier (in a scale that could be used with previous aircraft modes, at a pinch, and a robot form equipped with two guns and a riot shield. There is a port to attach one of the guns as a shoulder cannon.
I'd resist referring to this design as a "transformer" mostly due to the large percentage of parts swapping required between modes.
1. The upper deck is made up of the legs and arms plugged together, these are held by a stud on the shoulder of each arm. detach these two studs and remove the arm/leg combos. Note the order of these can be swapped the combination shown (clockwise green, blue, yellow, pink) is only one of two possible combinations.
2. Unplug each leg from the attached arm, again a stud on the shoulder is attaching them together.
3. unplug the shield from the hull, it is attached by two studs on the back of the shoulder. Remove the guns from the shoulder port.
4. Transform each leg by bending at the ankle.
5. unfold the thighs and shoulders of the main body and move the rear "skirt" back.
6. attach the legs to the body.
7. Rotate the hands out and bend at the elbow, attach via the clip to the shoulders.
8. Place the shield in either hand and the guns attached at the shoulder or hand or both.
Note: I've not given the design anywhere to store the shield when not in the hand, though it would fit on either side.
Ok, this is possibly one of the weaker designs of this series. Mostly because the multi-coloured scheme breaks up the deck too much and the hull certainly is far too stylised. It isn't awful, and if I call it "futuristic" I can get away with some of the design issues, but seriously it just looks like a bunch of robot limbs piled on top of one another.
Like the Constructors set the original plan was for two tone, uniform elements, either blue/grey or silver/black, but as an experiment I went for the "power ranger" scheme I introduced last time and it is a bit naff really.
This might actually be the last Combinator for awhile as I'm seriously running low on ideas and work is piling up, but if I get chance to play around with this design a bit more I'll post some updates later.
Feel free to comment or rate, but please don't spam or rant. Duplicate posts will be deleted.