I have always been slightly interested in Sno-Cats and with the recent availibility of Orange Technic decided at last to build one.
About this creation
My design is based on the Tucker Terra 1000 / 2000 models. I wanted it to have a very 'Technic' look about it rather than the 'model team' look. My first version is designed with functions and looks in mind rather than driving performance (by performance I mean speed).
RC power functions control
- XL motor for Drive
- M motor for High/Low gear selection
- M motor for Steering
- M motor to raise/lower the snow plough
The model also features
- Full Suspension - simulating the action of the leaf spring suspension.
- Drive to all four tracks via central differential and Differential for each track pair
- Pivoting Tracks
- Opening Doors
- Manual adjustment to Snow Plough to angle it Left or Right
- Steering wheel in Cab turns as the tracks turn
I think that in time for winter I may strip out the High/Low gears and put in two L motors to increase the power and speed, then test it out on the snow. I may need to double up the tracks as well.
awesome MOC!! i do have to inquire about the center differential considering that its a tracked vehicle it would be going over some rough terrain witch would may stop the front or back axle from driving properly or may even stop the vehicle entirely. but over all grate MOC!!!