See a high-quality picture on Flickr here.
Darvainian finally managed to find Sozo the Ger - now Coordinator of the Outlaws several weeks ago, thanks to Jaldor's
suggestion. From there Darvainian and Sozo joined a Black Lotus group like many others to track down the leaders of the Black Lotus. It wasn't long before they met Heolstor, and after proving their skills in combat, Heolstor took them on to be his more or less trustworthy "lesser Black Lotus scouts." Heolstor being a main ambassador of the Black Lotus Leadership frequently talked with the mysterious inner circle. However, after Freeling abandoned the Black Lotus, Heolstor started to question the Black Lotus leadership. Heolstor had talked with Freeling and even looked up to him. Freeling's leave made Heolstor suspicious.
The last straw came when the Black Lotus Leader (named in this story as HE or HIM because no one except the BL leadership have ever seen HIM) told Heolstor that he would not be participating in the huge battle against Mythron. Heolstor had enough. He dicided that he would confront HIM when he would be on foot. He took with him Nazgair and Zonag (Darvainian and Sozo, but Heolstor did not know that) to challenge HIM, reasoning that he himself should become the leader of the Black Lotus.
- Heolstor is the one with the traditional mask
- Darvainian is the one with the eye mask
- Sozo is the one with the scythe.
- BL stands for Black Lotus.
- the BL inner council and the BL leadership mean the same thing.
(for the most part, everyone is whispering as to not wake anyone up which would put themselves in danger)
Heolstor: This is where HE is staying, and and maybe a few others should be coming out of this building at any moment now. Keep silent!
- They walked silently beside the house
- Heolstor peeks around the corner...
Heolstor: Here they come!
- Heolstor, Darvainian, and Sozo crouch along the ground...
Mage: I sense something...
- Epic stance
HE: Heolstor, what brings you here in the dark at such a time?
Heolstor: I'm done with your ignorance and cowardice. You are to step down from being leader of the Black Lotus. I am replacing you.
HE: Foolishness boy! Foolishness! You think I'd come out here without some sort of protection? How many people do you think want my head?! If I go into battle, all of the focus will be on me, but if I stay out, I leave a sense of fear in the hearts of the Mythronian soldiers wondering what I might be doing! You have just crossed the line Heostor.
Mage....take care of Heolstor!
Mage: As you wish.
- The Mage lifted Heolstor into the air and started to inflict a low dose of pain on him.
Heolstor: Let go of me!
- evil laughs
- Suddenly, Sozo slammed his scythe onto the ground causing the area nearby to shake. That in turn caused the BL Leadership to stumble. It also caused the Mage to release his hold on Heolstor.
- After regaining himself, Heolstor charged at HIM, Darvainian followed.
- Sozo swung his scythe again, but this time he swung the sharp end and tried to strike the mage.
- Now angry, the mage released a strong gust of wind forward and blew to the ground Heolstor, Darvainian and Sozo. It also knocked down the Black Lotus leader.
- The gust was so strong that it blew off HIS mask. The mask was caught by Heolstor.
- There was silence for a moment, for very few people ever saw HE's face. Not even the mage had seen it (for the mage was not part of the inner circle - rather about the same rank as Heolstor).
- Once HE stood up, it was clear who HE was.
Heolstor, Darvainian, Sozo: Borin!
Heolstor: Sadon's brother?! What madness is this!
Mage: That means...all you're trying to do is gain the throne for yourself! You sent that assassin of yours, Freeling, to kill King Sadon so that you would become king next! That's why you were all extremely frustrated when Freeling refused and left. You are using all of us for your own will! No doubt you expect Mythron's army coupled with some of Nerogue's help to devastate us! You are setting us up to lose and claim yourself as a hero when you ride into battle as Borin! You and your filthy inner council. The irony is, that the inner council of Mythron is no doubt the Black Lotus inner council.
Mage: You will pay with your...
- And with that, Borin thrust his sword into the Mage's stomach.
- Borin and one of the inner council members ran off...
Heolstor: You won't get away!
- Borin quickly scaled the wall; hoping to make an escape on the horse.
Heolstor: You'll never escape you abomination!
- Borin broke through the gate and sped off on a horse, Heolstor yelling in anger after him.
Heolstor: Come back here you coward!
Heolstor: UUUGH! Nazgair, where is that other Black Lotus council member?
Darvainian (Nazgair): Taken care of sir.
Heolstor: GARRR! I must tell my army to flee before it is too late! We will surely lose against Borin's plan! Out of my way, I'm getting a horse.
- Heolstor, out of anger, tore the gate to one of the horses out of the ground and slammed it against the ground.
Heolstor: Out of my way... You will pay Borin! YOU WILL PAY!
- At that, Heolstor sped off on the horse in pursuit of Borin.
Sozo: How corrupt can a person be? Borin - THE Leader of THE Black Lotus?!
Darvainian: More corrupt than one would hope. Let's get out of the open before people start coming out here.
- After that, Darvainian and Sozo parted ways. But they knew that the Black Lotus inner council would soon find out about their cover being blown, and would thus need to be caught sooner rather than later. But now there are more important things to worry about - the impending battle between Mythron and the Black Lotus army.