Based on my "lotus 7 hot rod", I've changed quite a bit on it, and have anded up with this car - which I like a lot more...
About this creation
Anybody remember my lego car that looked like a hot rod version of the Lotus 7 ? (if not, you can see it in my creations) .
Well, I thought the front wheels looked very bare, and as mush as I liked the shape of it, I wasn't quite satisfied with the end result.
So, this morning, I decided to change it.... hardly anything has come off; I've changed a few bits but mostly have been adding on to it; a,nd it looks completely different now - not resembling a lotus 7 at all any more, but more a classic sports car or a hot rod.
Here are the changes :
- the half-cylinder-shaped bits on the bottom of each side had to be moved slightly upwards and to the front to fit the side wings
- the roof has been turned black (exactly the same shape as before though) because I needed more grey plates for, the wings... now that it's finished I think it looks better in black anyway.
- I put a little mascot on the front of the bonnet, like a lot of old cars (quite limited for what to use with this scale and lego bits so I just did a corner-piece like a mascot that might be some winged thing).
- two other small changes on the bonnet; two tiny grey grills on the bonnet, cuz for some reason it seemed loose there, and a triangle-shaped bit sloping up beyhond the mascot and the grills.
- front headlamps slighty more up and out, due to the shape of the wings.
- rear exhausts pushed out slightly further backwards
- here's the main change: adding on the wings/wheel arches/whatever you wanna call them. I slightly extended the rear ones as they seemed quite short on the back, thern used plates joined together to make as much as I could of a gradual slope forwards, on the front they're then connected to the main body to keep them in place.
All in all, though the change didn't involve a great deal of work, I love thie look of this car much more than the old version - I hope you like it too, tell me what you think !
P.S. If you are looking to buy lego for your creations, I would like to recommend the following Bricklink lego shop ; "About Town, Castle & Train" ( http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=stacey_love )
I personally know the shopholders, and they are very nice, devoted people. They are currently sponsoring 100% of my 1/3 Lamborghini project, providing all of the parts; and have made various other donations to other models I have made.
The store has a wide selection of parts (over 600,000!), at good prices, and offer an exceptional, fast service (no tax or dodgy exchange rates, next day postage, etc). you won't be disappointed !
Hi all ....
I thought I'd inform anybody reading this of the major change this car's going to go through... (I don't spend all my life working on the 1/3 lambo lol)
It first started off with the intention of being a Lotus 7-inspired car (which you can see old photos of as a seperate MOC).
I then added big flaring wings and changed a couple of subtle bits , making it looks more like a cross between a classic sports car with a hot rod style engine...
Well, only today I realised the huge similarity in shape to a *real* classic car, not some made-up one (won't tell you what it is yet... you'll see :) ) ; so... the car is going to be broken up and built a third time, but don't worry; I'm going to keep this MOC online just to "keep the memory" of it lol ; and when the rebuild's done I can assure you that though it'll have been completely re-done, it will still see the big similarity...
I just wrote a really long comment and the internet messed up, and I really don't feel like typing out suc a long mesage again , sorry guys...
So I'll keep to the essence of it :
first off, thanks so much for the good feedback and support everybody !
Second, you can get those wheels on sets 8417 , 8428 and 8462 (maybe more, but I don't know which ones if so)
And third, after 6 months of waiting we still haven't received all the bits we need to start the building of the lamborghini.... the project is not dead, and will not be cancelled, but please understand that it's not my fault, and it'll just be a 'background' project, not a very active opne, until we start getting the stuff we order...
oui le grand projet est toujours d'actualité...mais vu la vitesse de Bricklink (après une demi-année , *toujours* pas les premiers pièces commandées!) , c'est juste quelmque chose qui sera fait à la vitesse que ça viendra ... si je pouvais le faire, je le ferai, c'est sûr ! Donc, le grand projet sera juste en arrière-plan, mais pas annulé bien sûr :)