Customized Ford F-150 . This is somehow an "evolution" of the White-striped Madness, but this time it is enough close to the real thing to be called after it =P . this is my result of three days and a half of work, so i hope you will like it. though it looks like i changed it basically, the idea of it is still the same. it is one stud wider and one stud longer, which allowed me to add more details and made the proportions better as well =P hence this is a pollitically incorrect pick-up, made for breaking lap records (=D) it has front of a racer, with wide bumper and fenders pulled out sideways and with opened rear side - i have seen it on one racing suzuki - so i got inspired (and it made the things easier too =P)
and sure i was kind of forced to make the front wider, because i wanted to have the rear as realistic as possible and the 5-wide front looked too narrow having 6-wide mudguards on the rear. (and well. i like stridden-looking cars =P)
though it bacame a 6-wide, the base is still 5-wide with 4-wide roof, only the fenders and bumpers are wider... maybe i should make the whole body 4-wide with 5-wide fenders, but having the bed and hood 4- wide would make me changing too much things and well, said on full mouth, i like it just like it is now... =D
P.S. i am out of red 1x2 plates with one stud... :-D
on a mirror
some random shots...
did you recognize it? the cabine is the only one unchanged part =P
kind of a composition with partial road (with damaged asphalt behind :-D)
hence you can see the rear nicely on the last pic, there are two black "headlight bricks" in the middle with a white 2x1 smooth plate, on each side of this is another headlight brick, both red. the extra studs are pointing to sides. on each of them is placed "L" shaped dark red plate wih one hole and one stud which is thinner than normal plate with transparent 1x1 smooth plate added on. usage of the 4x1 mudguards and the fact the side stud of the headlight brick is pointing right to the mudguard holding the "L" piece made the lower edges of the bricks spread to sides, so i added 6x1 plate to keep them in one piece. it was quite hard, but once i added it, it is solid enough :-D
now it maybe looks like kind of obvious use of LEGO elements when the mudguards are the best usable and you need the taillights placed on very sides of the car but you mustn't use the SNOT work in the more usual scence for front/rear parts of cars, because the lights and identification mark don't have to be a plate further. (hope you understand =P) this is what i struggled with the most and it was done this way after many and many "lost epic fights" =P
the front is usually SNOTted, but the offset of the headlights and fenders made things a bit more complicated, viewed from above the 2x1 transparent plates were visible, so i had to move the hood one stud forward.
all at all, now it looks more angry than before (the headlights were on very sides of the front and the air intake was 4-wide)
i am very lucky how it ended up =P
P.S. sorry for such a text on the end :-P
NOTE: the instructions:
only the grey part of the 2x2 rotating piece shold be used ;-)