White Tiger Trike with turbocharged V4 on snow and ice . On a morning I looked outside and everything outside turned white...again! Where it's cold, there's snow, where I am, also does Lego.
I was thinking of creating another Lego mod, but then I thought it was impossible to create a large scale model in such little time. While I was on school I kept thinking and thinking...thinking again of what to build and then how to build something that's doesn't measure only a few inches of low key performance scale model. At least it had to be a model with a marriage of both “appearance” and “functionality”!
The time I spent building this trike scale model kept me two days busy without sleep. To know why, read below! . When I came home from school on a Friday noon, I took a look at the layer of snow on the outer surface. Since that morning it stopped snowing and I was a little nervous about the fact that the layer of snow would shrink fast and maybe a lot more faster if there wouldn't fall more snow than that. Another enemy of the snow is rain, that didn't fall down to flush away all the snow, I'm feeling all happy about.
Among those theories I was hasting about how to “fight” the elements and my low fuel patience, hoping for at least a little crust of fresh snow on the surface.
The Saturday of the weekend I felt a little more nervous about the snow melting away, when I had to go somewhere on a appointment and after that to the movies, so I had no time to prepare myself for my creative boost during that day, it turned very late and I needed some sleep. During my sleep I was dreaming about driving around on my trike on snow and on buildings etc. I didn't know how I got the trike, but it felt really well, like a Harley Davidson or Triumph bike on snow, only then I had three wheels mounted instead of two.
The next morning I woke up and After a large non-veg breakFEAST!!! I unpacked my Lego storage boxes and first I closed my eyes to think about how to create the trike and soon the framework of the trike got the outlines of a big cat. I felt positive about the concept to create a chopper-like scale model trike resembling the form of a predator cat.
First I associated the outlines of the model with a cheetah, but when I kept adding more and more components it became heavier and he trike became very large. After taking a good look and comparing a couple of massive predator cats it became clear to me that I was building a three wheeled TIGER!!!
and I used a lot of gray and white components to see how it would match with the white, snowy surface.
In all the hurry of developing the working parts of the model I forgot to think about a decent exhaust, so at the end of my “deadline” I improvised with some hardly used components since the late '90's. I thought of adding one large single barreled exhaust, but I tried to finish the trike before it would be too late for me to take some pictures and get some sleep, so I created a last minute four barreled exhaust like the Pagani Zonda models also have.
To make the trike look more like a big hunter cat I added some hard edged components on the covering layer of the scale model, like the air vents equipped plates and the teeth-like components. The teeth-like components are used as head and tail lights, but also they're added like decoration components on the front wheel frame as “tiger nails”, serving as claws to impress the opponent, like a hunting tiger that jumps you using his sharp claws.
As I knew before about adding two large wheels on the rear, I wanted to make it work like a real trike would do, by adding a some differentials to keep balance. The differentials lead to a universal axle that's “driven by the V4 engine”. First I wanted to add a V6 or even a V8 engine model, but the V6 was too large to fit in the engine compartment and if I'd spoon a V8 in the middle of the trike, it would fit after extending the chassis, causing a much too large and unmanageable suspension. After extending the chassis the whole trike would look way too large and even ugly.
When the time has come, it has come...so after a week or two I decided to dismantle this trike for compensation of another project. After dismantling the trike I counted the used parts and I spent two hours counting single components. Added up I came out on 1059 single components! Not bad for a 48 hour last minute project.
After this mini endurance race against time. yours truly Siddhart Jaipal was very tired and fell asleep in no matter of time...